Washington: Iran has been stunned by the killing of its top commander General Qasim Sulemani in the US air strike. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader of Iran, took a pledge on Friday to take ‘fierce reprisal’. This has created tremendous tension in the Middle East.
The US President ordered the attack. The US Defense Ministry said on Friday that President Donald Trump had taken ‘decisive defensive action’ to protect US personnel abroad and prevent Iran from planning future attacks. Was ordered In this, the powerful Revolutionary Guards commander of Iran, General Qasim Sulemani, was killed.
Twitter users have expressed strong opposition to ABP News
Trump tweeted the American flag after the attack. After Sulaimani’s death, Trump tweeted the American flag without any detailed information. General Suleimani was killed in a US airstrike at the international airport late Thursday night in Baghdad. In this attack, the deputy chief of the powerful Hashed Al Shaabi paramilitary force of Iraq was also killed.
The attack came days after Trump threatened Tehran with action after the US embassy in Iraq surrounded the US embassy. Information was given to US lawmakers: Many lawmakers, including former US ambassador to the United Nations and Indian-American Nikki Haley, supported Trump for this decision. Meanwhile, the chairman of the US House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs, Eliot Angnal, said in a statement that US lawmakers had not been previously informed of the order. The former head of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said that the killing of Qasim Sulemani, the commander of the Quds Force of the Guards in Baghdad, would be avenged. Mohsin Rezai, head of the Expediency Council and former head of the guards, tweeted, “Sulaimani has joined his martyr brothers but we will take revenge on America.”